Find Goodies in Pine Reflections Gift & Garden Centre's Gift Shop
Gifts as Unique as You Are in Our Gift Shop
At Pine Reflections Gift & Garden Centre in Carnarvon, nothing comes from a big box store. All of our gift items are one-of-a-kind and have been personally selected for their unique and/or aesthetic qualities. If you want to find the perfect gift that is a reflection of your soul, you’ve come to the right place. Here is but a sampling of what you can find in our newly expanded, 900-square-foot gift shop:
- Greeting cards
- Table displays
- Country & nature-themed items
- Wall art
- Tie-dye hoodies
- A variety of Gourmet Du Village products, including:
- Wall art – interior & exterior (rust-proof)
- Inspirational/meditation/native section
- Wide selection of fairies
A fairy is a small imaginary being in human form that has magical powers, especially if it’s in the female form.
- Native dream catchers
One of the most interesting Native American customs that have been around for generations, dream catchers afford protection for a sleeping individual by catching negative dreams and only letting positive dreams through the hole in their center. The positive dreams are said to glide down the feathers, while the negative ones are said to get caught up in the web until the first rays of the sun strike them the next morning. The dream catcher is constructed of a hoop because hoops symbolized strength and unity in Native American culture.
Tips for Getting Quality Candles
With so many candles available in the marketplace, it can be a little overwhelming shopping for them. How do you know if you’re getting the best value when it comes to quality? Here are a few things to look for to ensure you’re getting quality candles:
- Instructions for how long to burn your candle should come with it. You need to know this so you can burn the candle for the minimum time necessary to get the top surface of wax to liquefy, either entirely if it’s a votive candle or along the edges if it’s a jar or pillar candle. This will help you avoid tunneling, which occurs when a candle only melts along its middle. Tunneling is bad because it leaves large unburned (wasted) portions along the candle’s edges.
- Are your candle wicks burning properly? It’s a good idea to trim them before each use or from time to time if you notice they get too long during burning. If you notice excessive smoke or wicks that have been drowned in a pool of wax, it’s probably because the wrong kind of wick is being used.
- How long does your candle burn? While this will vary depending upon the size and kind of candle, you don’t want to waste too much money on a candle that doesn’t last long.
- How does your candle smell? Some candles may have a strong fragrance when you buy them at the store, but end up not having much of a scent when you light them. Quality candles should have a noticeable fragrance, no matter their size. Although large candles may tend to have a stronger scent, even small votive candles should produce a noticeable scent when burned.